Now the whole world is talking about Zinedine Zidane. "Shame on the hero", "He don't deserve the Golden Ball award!". Whatever you say, I don't think he's in the least at fAult. Instead, he should have gave Materazzi a few punches and another kicks to the Asst. Ref for ratting on him. =) Lippi, the Italian coach could jolly well keep the Zidane heat-butt video for his own collection since he liked it so much.
It may not make sense, but finishing 3rd place is far better off than finishing 2nd. You saw for yourselves the french sulking like the world has banned Escargots, taking off the medal almost immediately as they received it, walking off like nobody's business and refusing to pose for a picture. The atmosphere was so dead. Ironically, the ones who won the WorldCup 2006 at Germany were the most undeserving Italia. They dived, they cheated, they schemed, they plotted, they fouled and they emerged as winners. I'm not amused by it, neither am I appreciating the least of their efforts. Although I support neither of the teams, but I really wished France has won. The jaw-dropper #1 when they scored 5-3. FAIRPLAY, and winning the worldcup like they did (even thou they are rather skillful) made them ultimate LOSERS. I have nothing more to say, except that the game did live up to my expectations before the winners had emerged and that most of us are trying to avoid spaghetti for a month :D
But at the end of the day, it was still ITALIA CHIAMO! <>(urggghh!)
Germans ending 3rd and celebrating. Podolski (BEST YOUNG PLAYER AWARD RECIPIENT) and Schweinsteiger (Hero of the night, man of the match) Good for them, bad for Porto.
Torres, despair on German Fields after they lost to France.
FINALLY!! My fav Nuno Gomes was substituted into the last few segments of the game and proved himself not worthy of the bench by scoring a goal. However, it was a goal too late for Porto, so no one really celebrated except him and a few others. Well done Gomes!
Now that its over and WC premium channel has come to an end, we wait and grief while EPL launches in England. =) HERE WE GOO! CHELSEAAA THE NUMBER ONE FC! with the new addition of Michael Ballack (GER) and Andriy Shevchenko (UKR) :D