Friday, February 16, 2007
oh, why do i feel this way? I FINALLY DONATED BLOOD!! I was elated when I passed the blood pressure test! I thought I was suffering from LBP again, luckily, I narrowly escaped it this time, and i made it! =) Blood test was painless! Then came the actual thing, I felt like running away but then again, it was a stupid thought. The good thing is, I sat on a royal chair (if you know what i mean) HAHAHAHA! But had to change seats because they needed blood from my right hand. She complained that my skin was too soft and therefore, it might not be suitable for locating the veins. Doesn't make sense.
Then again, she inserted the needle in and out for about 5 times before finding my vein. It was shifting all about and the blood was already trickling out furiously. The anaestesia was going off by the 5th attempt to penetrate the needle into my hand for so long..finally, she panic!ed and called for help. haha! WOW! what a great start after seeing what happened to the girl beside me. =X Then again, I finally saw the tube filled with darkred-liquid, BLOOD. And when I was about to fill the bag fully, I found it harder and harder to squeeze the stress ball, the blood flowed at a slower rate than before, I felt quite terrible, it was only then they pulled the needle out and tilted me over immediately.
LESSON LEARNT? EAT BEFORE DONATING BLOOD. =) haha, i felt really stupid cause they made a big hooha out of it, with all the nurses rushing to my rescue when i merely felt like helpless. But then again, THANKS TO THEM, i recovered. Honestly, although I didn't have a smooth blood donating experience, I felt really happy at the end, because I saved 3 lives!! I promise, IT'S PAINLESS! Just follow the rules, (eg. eating before you donate), YOU'LL BE JUST AS FINE. Infact, blood donation is quite an addictive deed! Ok, that sounds insane but I'm serious. At least I got free stressballs and organisers :D HEH!
RMB, GIVE BLOOD, GIVE LIFE! Do something meaningful and not out of proving your bravery! Sorry Xiaoxuan,Jiahui, Wanlin and etc... for not being able to donate cause they did not meet the criteria. But you can always donate at the bloodbank itself! SEE? NOT EVERYONE is capable of donating blood, you gotta be healthy! heh! XTmei, DON'T BE SUCH A NEEDLE COWARD! =X
It was CERTAINLY a memorable event, a lifetime experience, THANK YOU TO THE 138 successful donors who made it through, you saved many lives! Not forgetting, I HAD A GREAT TIME DOING MY DUTY (if you all know what i mean, jeanette,audrey,hamidah) haha! Not once lucky,but thrice! It was definitely better than valentine's day and all that!
SURFBOARDING SESSION ENDS AT-8:23:00 PM